1. RZ10-01/VC10-01 - 3105 Bethany Bend (Southeast corner of Bethany Bend and Hwy 9) by D Squared Development, LLC to rezone from AG-1 (Agricultural) and C-1 (Community Business) to C-1 (Community Business) to develop a 2,400 square foot gas station with 5 pump islands at a density of 2,755.45 square feet per acre. The applicant is also requesting a concurrent variance to reduce the 20- foot landscape strip to 10 feet along Bethany Bend (Section 64-1090(a)).
Agenda Item No. 10-1063)
(First Presentation on March 1, 2010) (Presented by Lynn Tully, Community Development Director) Motion to defer for full review of new plan passed 6-1.
Councilman Joe Longoria was in opposition.
2. ZM10-01 - Birmingham Hwy (SR 372) (West Side) and Crabapple Road (North Side) aka Braeburn by John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods, Inc. to request a 5 part modification to Z05-117 for the following:
1) To modify Condition 1.d, which currently allows up to 54 townhomes at a maximum density of 0.86 dwelling units per acre to allow up to 47 townhomes at a maximum density of 0.75 dwelling units per acre based on total acreage zoned, whichever is less.
2) To modify Condition1.e, which currently allows up to 45 single-family residential units at a maximum density of 0.72 dwelling units per acre, to allow up to 52 single-family residential units at a maximum density of 0.83 dwelling units per acre based on total acreage zoned, whichever is less.
3) To modify the required minimum lot size in Condition 1.f from 18,900 square feet such that no more than three (3) lots shall have a minimum lot size of 10,890 square feet (approximately ¼ acre) or above, at least three (3) lots (Lots 11-13) shall have a minimum lot size of one (1) acre or above, and the remaining lots shall have a minimum lot size of 14,500 square feet (approximately 1/3 of an acre) or above.
4) To modify Condition 2.a to replace the revised site plan received by the Fulton County Department of Environment and Community Development on June 7, 2006 with the revised site plan received by the Milton Department of Community Development on February 4, 2010.
5) To modify Condition 3.e to reduce the 15-foot building separation to a 10-foot building separation with a 5-foot side yard setback for lots less than one (1) acre. (Agenda Item No. 10-1064)
(First Presentation on March 1, 2010) (Presented by Lynn Tully, Community Development Director)
Motion to approve passed 6-1. Councilwoman Julie Zahner Bailey was in opposition.
11) UNFINISHED BUSINESS (none)
12) NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of a Technical Assistance Grant Submission: ARC Community Choices Assistance Program - Milton Sign Ordinance.
(Agenda Item No. 10-1080)
(Discussed at Staff Reports on March 1, 2010.)
(Presented by Lynn Tully, Community Development Director)
2. Emergency addition (approved unanimously) to agenda : A resolution of the City of Milton, Georgia enacting a moratorium for 60 days to bar the acceptance of applications for permits for telecommunications facilities in all zoning classifications.
(Presented by Ken Jarrard, City Attorney)