In light of the cut backs that are hitting public education, we though the following 20 /20 special, 'Stupid In America', might be of interest.
As you watch this, some things to consider:
1. Alpharetta High just recieved a $375,000 Sports Plasma screen for their football stadium.
2. The new Milton High School cost an estimated $100 million to build.
3. The new Milton High School does not have vocational classes such as horticulture, TV productions, or Metal / Auto tech like the old location did.
4. The grass at the new Milton High Stadium cost an estimated $80k.
5. The Fulton County Board of Education forcibly removed seven families from their homes due to this branch of government not planning ahead in order to make way for the 'New" Milton High.
5. The new high school being built on Bethany Way will cost an estimated $80 million dollars. Keep in mind, the new Milton was supposed to alleviate over crowding.
6. Johns Creek has two public high schools located less than one mile from another.
7. Milton GA is 40 square miles. On each twelve hour shift, only four officers are patrolling our streets.
8. 80% of the state's firemen and police officers work second jobs to make ends meet.
Watch away and come to your own conclusion. But remember, as Thomas Jefferson said, "Dissension is the greatest form of patriotism."
Thursday, March 11, 2010
'Stupid In America' - A 20/20 Special.
Posted by Accessmilton Admin at Thursday, March 11, 2010