SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Letter To The Editor.

Sunday, May 1, 2011 will forever live in our history marking the death of Osama bin Laden. I am overwhelmed with emotion knowing this evil man has descended from the earth. His last cowardly act was to use a woman as a human shield. I am so thankful to our military, elected and appointed leaders for their vigilance against Al Qaeda. Three main points come to mind today:

1. Justice has been served to all those affected by bin Laden and Al Qaeda. While his death will not bring back those who lost their lives, it is my prayer that it will help provide closure. We will never forget what happened on 9/11 and the other terrorist events that have afflicted our country, but we can acknowledge a victory in defeating the leading face of terror.

2. The world is a safer place today. Ridding the world of bin Laden and much of his Al Qaeda leaders will save lives. I continue to have the ultimate confidence in our soldiers defending us around the globe.

3. Good always triumphs over Evil. It took almost 10 years from the devastating attacks on September 11, 2001. However, I never doubted our resolve. Perhaps I am old fashioned, but without hesitation I believe what goes around, comes around and the good guys always prevail in the end.

It is with no remorse or regret that I applaud the Old Testament justice to rebuke a murderer and terrorism. Today we sent evil to Hades where it belongs, and are turning a new chapter toward peace and freedom for all. I encourage you to find an active duty soldier, veteran or family member of the fallen and tell them thank you. Many of us want to express ourselves, and I cannot think of a better way than to thank our fellow countrymen for their sacrifice and bravery. May God continue to bless the State of Georgia and the United States of America!

Sincerely,

Senator John Albers

GA District 56

324-B Coverdell Legislative Office Building

18 Capitol Square SW

Atlanta, GA 30334

(404)463-8055 office

john@senatoralbers.com

www.senatoralbers.com

3 comments:

Fenway1 said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Nice letter from our senator, but will someone point me at any legislation that he authored and got through this year.

Anonymous said...

I personally feel we've had enough legislation - it's time to de-legislate! So doing nothing may not be a bad thing....