SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Press Release / Saturday / November 3rd / 2007

Dear Milton Citizens:

“Leadership is action, not position.” - Donald H. McGannon

I am in this race because I care about Milton and am deeply concerned about its future. I have no hidden agendas, no further political aspirations, and no puppeteer. I am merely an energetic, positive, and free thinking leader who wants to protect your interests on the council.

I will not stand passively by while criminals hold our families hostage and developers threaten our way of life with out-of-control, high density development and increased traffic. The recent homicide (the second in just 6 months) and the increase in drug arrests in the Highway 9 area underscore why we need a strong, steady leader on the council from District 6.

All neighborhoods in Milton, not just those along the Highway 9 corridor, should be concerned about the Fulton County element of crime and drugs becoming a fabric of our city. I can tell you firsthand that it is already thriving here. I and the other concerned citizens living along the Highway 9 corridor fight it everyday.

If you ask senior law enforcement officials what factors increase crime in the Highway 9 area, they will tell you two things:

High density; and

The large number of rental homes/apartments and accompanying transient population that makes the identification of suspicious activity or persons more difficult.

Every neighborhood in Milton needs to take action now by forming neighborhood watch programs and coordinating anti-crime activities with each other and the Milton Public Safety Department. Our police force has done an excellent job of enhancing the services provided by Fulton County. I will ensure that they have all the resources they need to increase patrols in areas with known crime elements and crack down on drug dealers and other criminals.

As we plan for future growth and development, I will vote to prevent conditions that give criminals a safe haven here. I will fight development that will bring more loitering, littering, and crime into our city. Partnering with our public safety officers, the Mayor and other city council members, industry, and you, I will lead the effort to clean up the Highway 9 corridor and stop crime from becoming prevalent throughout Milton.

I will also stand firm against uncontrolled growth and development. I will remain resolute on my position of “no new sewer” since with more sewer comes more dense development and crime. I will not flounder on this position when confronted by rich developers.

I will work quickly to pass more stringent architectural and design standards along Highway 9 to protect our rural, equestrian character. I will work with developers to encourage that any new growth brings an added value to our city and our lives. The last thing that either the citizens or developers need is more un-leased, unsupported development. Growth needs to be strategically planned so that it is a “win-win” for both the citizens and developers. If it is not, then I will not vote for it.

As a peer-elected, National Team Leader with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and as President of the Avensong Community Association, I have a proven track record of bringing people together to accomplish great things. I do not back down in the face of defeat. I don’t just talk about doing things; I get things done. Ask any of my many supporters in Avensong and throughout Milton, and they will tell you that I am a leader who remains steadfast in executing a vision.

I want to be your proactive, innovative, consensus-building, and participatory voice on the council. Give me the chance to show you what can be achieved when you have a true leader representing you on the council. I will turn the citizens’ vision for Milton into a reality.

I need your vote on Tuesday, November 6. Thank you!

Yours Truly,

Alan M. TartCandidate for Milton City Council - District 6 (At Large)"The Candidate For the People And Of The People"
Cell: 678-464-8550E-mail (please share your concerns): alantart4milton@comcast.net
Website: http://www.alantart4milton.com/

No comments: