SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

District 6 Council Elect Alan Tart Thanks Voters.

Hi, Friends, Volunteers, and Neighbors:

I want to thank those of you who voted for me yesterday. Thanks to you, Julie Zahner Bailey re-claimed the District 2 seat, Bert Hewitt unseated Neal O’Brien, and I unseated Rick Mohrig. This was what most would consider a “story book ending” to a tumultuous campaign season. Congratulations to Julie and Burt! Tuesday was a true referendum of the people!

To Chuck Campbell, Tom Kuehn, Steve and Mary Beechum, Marty and Jan Locke, Beth Walker, Rose Prestianni, Tim and Ginger Enloe, Nikki Haslett, Tara Chambers, Patti Silva, Don and Nona Shawhan, Kay Harrison (Morgan and Clara), Darryl Jan Porter, Dianne Urig, Patti Silva, Paul Moore, Laura Wright, Cary Schlenke, Suzanne Cassada, Kim Swiacki, Travis Allen, The Bentley’s, The Newell’s, my many Avensong friends and supporters, and countless other volunteers, friends, supporters, and organizers: Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this election. Your tireless efforts, counsel, and support these past few months made this happen for all of us! You all were a pleasure to work with and get to know! Thank you!

I want to thank those of you have gave your time and energy to the campaign. The collective efforts of all the volunteers involved with the sign holding campaign, led by Ed Parsons and Bill Schellhorn, as those involved in the phone campaign, led by Vic Jones and Len Hymen, were instrumental to my success. I could not have accomplished this without you all! Thank you so much!

To Joe Lockwood, Tina D’Aversa, and Julie Zahner Bailey: Thank you for being the kind of leaders that inspire people like me to want to become more involved in the community and for having the courage to do what you feel is right. We will make a great team representing the people of Milton!

To Burt: We did it, man! Congratulations! Thanks for the talks over the last several months that kept me grounded on some days and uplifted on others. Our challengers ran dirty campaigns, but we always took the high road and it paid off.

To my contributors: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Without your help, this could not have happened. I was outspent, but not beat out! Again, I cannot thank you enough!

And to the citizens of Milton: Thank you for believing in me and allowing me to represent you. You have proven that we are community unlike any other. You are the true stars in all of this! I promise to serve you with honesty, integrity, and perseverance. I will not take office until after Jan 1. Soon thereafter, expect me to propose initiatives to clean up the Highway 9 corridor, fight crime, and build consensus within the community and on council. I look forward to working as a team with Mayor Joe Lockwood and the rest of the council members.

I hope you will always feel that you can share your thoughts and suggestions with me. I look forward to serving you over the next 4 years.

Yours Truly,

Alan

Alan M. Tart - Milton City Council Member ELECT - District 6 (At Large)
Cell: 678-464-8550 E-mail (please share your concerns): alantart4milton@comcast.net
Website: http://www.alantart4milton.com/

No comments: