SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Press Release: Senator Albers Appointed Deputy Whip.

Sen. John Albers represents the 56th Senate District, which includes parts of North Fulton County. He may be reached at 404.463.8055 or by e-mail at john.albers@senate.ga.gov.

ATLANTA (January 10, 2011) – The Georgia General Assembly convened the 2011 Legislative Session today at the State Capitol, where Sen. John Albers (R-Roswell) was sworn in as Senator for the 56th Senate District. He was also appointed as a Deputy Whip by Sen. Cecil Staton (R-Macon), who serves the Senate as Majority Whip. In his role as Deputy Whip, Albers will assist the Whip’s office in ensuring member attendance on the Senate Floor, counting votes and communicating the majority position.

“I am humbled by Senator Staton’s vote of confidence in me to serve as a Deputy Whip in my first year as a State Senator,” said Albers. “I’m eager to begin my work on behalf of the people in the 56th District. Georgians everywhere are facing difficult economic times right now, and this session will be crucial to setting policy in place that will create a climate of job growth and strengthen Georgia’s competitive edge.”

“I am pleased to announce the appointment of Senator Albers as Deputy Whip for the 2011 Session. As Whip, I appoint several senators to assist us in the work of the Whip’s office, which includes the careful review of all legislation that comes before the Senate,” said Staton. “I look for senators who show great promise as future leaders in the Senate. Senator Albers has the appropriate mixture of intellect and work ethic to assist in this process. I am confident that he will make an important contribution as Deputy Whip.”

No comments: