Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mastermind of a 2007 murder will spend life in prison.

Courtesy The

Former fugitive Kisha Rutledge was featured on America's Most Wanted; and, on Feb. 11 of this year, she was sentenced to life in prison. Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. said Rutledge was the mastermind of the June 12 shooting death in the City of Milton. Milton was a newly incorporated city of Fulton County at the time.

Rutledge, the owner of an Atlanta escort service, was convicted of malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, criminal attempt to commit armed robbery and conspiracy for the shooting death of Keith Alan Brown.

It was the City of Milton's first murder, which occurred less than a month after the police department launched in May of 2007. Rutledge consequentially fled the city and the state; but was captured, in 2009, in Houston, after she was featured on America's Most Wanted.

"I want to express how pleased I am that all the parties involved in this crime have been brought to justice," Milton Police Chief Deborah Harrell said. "I especially want to highlight the determination and hard work of Milton Police Lt. Travis Parker who led the initial investigation, and the GBI for their invaluable assistance on this case."

According to the investigation; co-defendants Jeff Dulcio and Stephen Woods, previously convicted of Brown's murder, tried to break into the victim's home and steal money. Brown defended himself by shooting at the intruders. One intruder shot back while fleeing the scene. Brown managed to call 911 for help, but died shortly after being shot.

Rutledge orchestrated the robbery after learning that the victim kept thousands of dollars in cash at his residence. Rutledge enlisted the help of Michelle Morrison -- a local adult entertainer -- to drive her and the other defendants to the apartment. The women waited in the car while the men went inside.

Dulcio and Morrison were convicted in 2009 and sentenced to life in prison plus 5 years. Woods pled guilty in 2009. As part of his plea agreement, Wood was sentenced to 15 years in prison for his role in the crime's set-up.

No comments: