Double Click To Enlarge Screen.
The following is a video recorded on Thursday / 2.18.10 on Bethany Road between Mayfield and Providence. Time is between 4:05pm and 4:15pm.
The video starts after the driver passed the camera car at a high rate of speed headed north on Bethany Road. All open road neighborhoods harbor double yellow lines meaning passing is not allowed. Bethany Road has a posted speed limit of 40mph and is home to 44 families. 4000 plus cars a day travel Bethany Road.
A couple of things to look out for as you watch the video:
1. The offending driver brakes numerous times. The reason being is there is a car and school bus in front of him and he is tailgating this driver looking at another chance to pass.
2. At approximately 14 to 16 seconds into the video, you will see him begin to attempt to pass the car and bus in front of him but quickly changes his mind. Watch his front tires go over the center line at this time.
3. When the intersection is reached, you will notice some movement within the offending vehicle. They are actually looking back at the camera car due to passing it earlier.
4. Once it is their turn at the intersection, they punch it and fly up to Bethany Way.
5. Once on Bethany Way, you will see that they are long gone due to driving at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle in question is a white Cherokee Laredo; Fulton TAG# BAU 2946 with an LSU decal on the back windshield.
The Milton Police Department & City Council have been given this video and made aware of the issues surrounding it.
Since Milton's incorporation in 2006, we have suffered six wreck related fatalities - one of which transpired on Bethany Road in early 2009.
All fatalities have taken place in the open road neighborhoods; none have happened in the subdivision neighborhoods.
If dangerous drivers such as this are not dealt with properly with a good system put in place for the open road neighborhoods, ALL Milton families are in jeopardy; including yours.
Many thanks to our wonderful Milton Police Officers for all they do in keeping Milton Families safe!