HAPPY THANKSGIVING! MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
VOTE TUESDAY / December 2 Runoff Elections!
Dear Milton Neighbor,
From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving! As you celebrate all that you are thankful for this holiday season, I hope you will take a moment to be thankful for the wonderful community we live in and make sure that no community member is suffering without support this holiday season.
I wish you all the very best and thank God for the blessings that he bestows on each of us now and throughout the year! Enjoy your friends and family today!
I will be brief in this update. For additional information and updates, visit the City of Milton website.
Board Volunteers to be Appointed
During the December 1, 2008, City Council Meeting, each council member will appoint citizens to the following advisory boards.
1) Parks and Recreation Committee -
District 5 (Pending) Appointee: Tom Mulroy
2) Highway 9 Design Guidelines Committee
District 5 (Pending) Appointee: Adam Orkin
3) Historic Preservation Committee.
District 5 (Pending) Appointee: JT Adams
District 5 (Pending) Appointee: Travis Allen
4) Transportation Committee.
District 5 (Pending) Appointee: Open
Please email the city council member serving your district if you are interested in participating on one of these boards or committees. City Council contact information. The meeting agenda will be posted seven days prior to the meeting.
The next Council Meeting is Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:00 pm - Council Agenda.
Meeting Calendar of the City Boards and Commissions
City Council Meetings are held at City Hall, 13000 Deerfield Parkway, Milton, Georgia 30004.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead
December 1 City Council Agenda
Monday, December 1, 2008 Regular Council Meeting Agenda 6:00
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) ROLL CALL
3) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (Led by the Mayor) (Agenda Item No. 08-729) 4) APPROVAL OF MEETING AGENDA (Add or remove items from the agenda) 5) PUBLIC COMMENT 6) CONSENT AGENDA (Agenda Item No. 08-730)
1. Approval of the November 10, 2008 Special Called Work Session Minutes. (Jeanette Marchiafava, City Clerk and Clerk of the Court) (Agenda Item No. 08-731)
2. Approval of the November 10, 2008 Work Session Minutes. (Jeanette Marchiafava, City Clerk and Clerk of the Court) (Agenda Item No. 08-732)
3. Approval of the November 17, 2008 Regular Meeting Minutes. (Jeanette Marchiafava, City Clerk and Clerk of the Court) (Agenda Item No. 08-733)
4. Approval of the following plats: 1) The Preserve @ North Valley (aka Vickery Heights) / change name 2) Lake Haven / revise setbacks 3) Greystone Farms / combine lots
4) Canine Assistants / revise property lines
5) Deerfield Green I / add deleted lots 308-324
6) Crabapple Estates / add drainage easement (Alice Wakefield, Community Development Director)
7) REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
8) FIRST PRESENTATION (Agenda Item No. 08-734) 1. ZM08-08/VC0-07 - South side of Webb Road, To modify condition 2a. and a 2 part concurrent variance to 1) To reduce the side yard setback from 20 feet to 10 feet along the east and west property lines; 2) To reduce the minimum rear yard setback from 25 feet to 10 feet along the south property line. (Presented by Alice Wakefield, Community Development Director) (Agenda Item No. 08-735) 2. RZ08-10, 622 N. Main Street by Larry Singleton, ADT Real Estate, LLC, To rezone from C-2 (Commercial) to C-1 (Community Business) to develop a 28,260 square foot retail home fashion center at a density of 12,504.42 square feet per acre on 2.26 acres. (Presented by Alice Wakefield, Community Development Director) 9) ZONING AGENDA (None)
10) UNFINISHED BUSINESS
11) NEW BUSINESS
(Agenda Item No. 08-721)
1. Approval of Resolution Amending Resolution No. 08-10-46, A Resolution to Create the Milton Grows Green Committee and its Governing Board and for other Designated Purposes by Adding an MGG Committee Governing Board Member. (This item was deferred on November 17, 2008.) (Presented by Councilmember Alan Tart and Councilmember Burt Hewitt)
(Agenda Item No. 08-736)
2. Approval of a Resolution to Create the Milton Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and to develop the Milton Parks and Recreation Ordinance. (Presented by Brad Chambers, Parks and Recreation Representative)
(Agenda Item No. 08-737)
3. Approval of a Resolution to Create a Committee to Serve as the Highway 9 Design Guideline Committee for Potential Revision to the Highway 9 Overlay District of the City of Milton Zoning Ordinance. (Presented by Alice Wakefield, Community Development Director)
(Agenda Item No. 08-738)
4. Approval of a Resolution to Create a Committee to Serve as the Historic Preservation Committee for Development of a Historic Preservation Ordinance for the City of Milton. (Presented by Alice Wakefield, Community Development Director)
(Agenda Item No. 08-739)
5. Approval of a task order for City of Milton Transportation Plan with Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. for $449,140.99. (Presented by Dan Drake, Public Works Director)
(Agenda Item No. 08-740)
6. Approval of a Resolution to authorize the Mayor and City Council to approve the submission of a grant application to the Georgia Safe Routes to School through Georgia Department of Transportation. (Presented by Dan Drake, Public Works Director)
(Agenda Item No. 08-741)
7. Approval of a Resolution Adopting the 2009 City of Milton City Council Meeting Schedule for Regular Meetings and Work Sessions. (Presented by Jeanette Marchiafava, City Clerk and Clerk of the Court)
(Agenda Item No. 08-742)
8. Proposed Modification to the Fulton County Service Delivery Strategy Agreement to allow participation by the South Fulton Municipal Regional Water and Sewer Authority and for other purposes. (Presented by Ken Jarrard, City Attorney)
12) MAYOR AND COUNCIL REPORTS
13) STAFF REPORTS 1. Patti Silva, Chair of the Arts Committee, will introduce all of the artists from the Alpha Arts Guild whose art will be on the walls through the holiday season. (Presented by Linda Blow, Projects Coordinator)
2. Christmas in Crabapple event on Saturday, December 6, 2008. (Presented by Linda Blow, Projects Coordinator)
14) EXECUTIVE SESSION (if needed) (Agenda Item No. 08-743)
Vote for Georgia
The runoff election will be held Dec. 2 for any voter who was registered for the Nov.4 general election. One does not have to have voted in the November election to be able to vote on Dec. 2. The sample ballot contains the runoff for U.S. Senator, GA Public Service Commissioner, and Appeals Court judge. There may also be local races on the ballot.Sample ballots are available on county web sites under 'Elections' or 'Registration and Elections', or contact the county elections superintendent, phone number in blue pages of the phone book.Early voting and advanced voting are available for this runoff starting the week of Nov. 17.
The county offices and voting will be closed for Thanksgiving Day. There will be no advanced voting on Monday, Dec. 1. Schools will not be closed for voting on Tuesday, Dec. 2.Absentee by mail ballot applications are being taken now by fax, mail, or hand delivered. Sooner is better. One must return the voted ballot to a permanent voter registrar location by 7 p.m. on election day by mail or hand delivered.