SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Friday, January 08, 2010

City of Milton Drops Vision Statement From Newsletters

All:

Thanks to an Accessmilton visitor, it was brought to our attention that the City of Milton emails no longer include the cities vision statement which states "Milton is a distinctive community embracing small-town life and heritage while preserving and enhancing our rural character."

Their close now simply reads "The City of Milton is committed to maintaining the unique quality of life for its constituents while efficiently delivering essential services to residents and businesses in an interactive community environment."

What are your thoughts? Is this a sign of Milton leaning more towards your typical suburb and parting ways with those resident who do not live in subdivisions or is there another reason?

We have emailed both Communications manager Jason Wright and City Manager Chris Lagerbloom. Hopefully, they can shed some light on this change.

4 comments:

Tim Enloe said...

All:

Jason Wright of the City of Milton quickly responded to this inquiry. He relayed "Actually, I think I just forgot to copy and paste it when I made my press release template. Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll change it for future ones."

Many thanks to Jason for getting this visitor's question answered.

Tim Enloe
Accessmilton.com
770 653 0552

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tim and Jason, I can't help but catch these things. Sort of worried me there for a second. I like that first part of our City's mission statement.

Anonymous said...

so how did the second statement exclude people that dont live in a neighborhood?? It also excluded space aliens and 3 toe sloths, but I dont hear them complaining!

Anonymous said...

Amen brother Ben, shot a rooster and killed a hen