As a Financial Advisor I spend my days looking at numbers. It is my job to see both opportunities and challenges before they occur. I did the same thing before I decided to run for the District 2 seat held by my opponent, Mrs. Zahner Bailey. I would like to share a few numbers that jumped out to me.
2. Milton is the second wealthiest city in Georgia. Even in the face of the global economic downturn, Milton has more resources than any other city in Georgia, except 1.
86. That's the percent of Milton's revenues that come from homeowners. This is higher than ANY other North Fulton city. Looked at another way, our government is funded by individuals like you and me. My opponent said that she believes this is sustainable. Nearly every city planning organization says otherwise, including the Livable Communities Initiative that is consulting the city.
18. The City of Milton's budget for this fiscal year is $18 million.
7. That's how many millions of dollars Alpharetta will have as a surplus next year. Their surplus is equal to nearly 40% of our budget!
0. We have no public football, soccer or lacrosse fields in Milton.
0. We do not have any adaptive parks
0. The number of major adjustments we can make with our current revenue
Click here to endose my campaign!=>
My opponent says this is fine. I disagree. This campaign is about generating revenue from some place other than you and me. This is about lowering our tax burden. This is about sidewalks, parks, recreational facilities, thriving communities and one making one great city, our city, even better.
8. The number of days until the election.
1. The number of votes I need from every voter in your home to win this election and help turn things around.
Click here to contribute to my campaign =>
Early Voting is going strong. There are two early voting locations:
North Fulton County Annex
7741 Roswell Road, NE, Suite 232
Fulton County Government Center
130 Peachtree St., SW
Or you can vote by mail:
You can also vote by way of an Absentee Ballot.
Click here=> www.sos.ga.gov/elections/elections/voter.../absentee_ballot_app.pdf
The completed application can be:
Fulton County Department of Voter Registration and Elections
130 Peachtree Street, SW
Atlanta, GA 30303