Free family fun from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Birmingham Park
MILTON, Ga., April 15, 2011 - Don't forget that tomorrow, Saturday, April 16, the City of Milton and Milton Grows Green Committee (MGG) will host the 2nd Annual Milton Earth Day Festival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The festival, sponsored by Airsoft 360, Children's Healthcare of Forsyth, Optech, Recycle Bank, Republic Services, Southeast Electric Cars, LLC, The Comfort Zone, Verizon Wireless, Waste Management, Wellness Centers of America and Harry's/Whole Foods Market, is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in pristine Birmingham Park (click here for directions).
Attractions will include:
- Human "Hamster Balls"
- Wagon rides
- Horse drawn carriage rides
- Electric car rides
- Live music by Airsoft 360
- Arts, crafts and games for children
- Live animals at 11 a.m.
- "Green Egg" hunt with environmental goodies
- Gardening demonstrations with free vegetable seeds
- Farmers market
- Local vendors including caricatures, animal rescue, environmentally friendly products and services, food for picnicking and more
- Guided history lessons
- Hiking trails
- Shoe recycling courtesy of Recycle for a Cure
For more information, contact Milton Sustainability Coordinator Cindy Eade at 678-242-2509 or email@example.com.
About MGG MGG coordinates the efforts of individual volunteers and community-based organizations through the efforts of its own members, including Milton residents, business partners and those with an interest in the environment. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.