SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Parents upset over popular Milton educator's resignation.

Courtesy Wsbtv.com

Dozens of parents gave Fulton County school leaders an earful Tuesday morning about the sudden resignation of a beloved vice principal at Hopewell Middle School in Milton.

Despite the concerns, the veteran educator won't get his job back.

Channel 2’s Mike Petchenik was there as parents showed up to a meeting at the school library to voice their concerns about vice principal Joey Robinson’s departure. Parents believe it was premature.

"To my knowledge, all the parents who are here, they don't know what's going on," one parent said.

Many said they felt blindsided, but school board member Katie Reeves told parents Robinson resigned, end of story.

"You're not going to get any details about one of our employee’s employment. I know that's frustrating. I know it is. You can be mad at me from here to the end of time, but we're not going to do that," she said.

Meanwhile, outside the meeting, Robinson told Petchenik the school system forced him to resign or be fired without explanation.

"I was out for doing what was right for my students," Robinson said.

Robinson said he was touched by the support he’s received and a petition to block his resignation, but Reeves said the school board won’t accept it.

"From the bottom of my heart, from my family and the support you've shown over the years, I'm truly thankful for that," Robinson said.

No comments: