SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Milton's Keenan Grey named Officer of the Year.

Officer Keenan Grey was named the Milton Police Department’s Officer of the Year. (click for larger version)

by Carolyn Aspenson / Milton Herald

November 28, 2012

MILTON, Ga. — Each year, supervisors in the Milton Police Department recommend an officer from their team for the honor of Officer of the Year.

This year, the title goes to Patrol Officer Keenan Grey.

A longtime resident of Milton, Grey has been in the uniform patrol division of the MPD for three years.

"I decided to work for Milton because I grew up in this area and felt it was a great way to give back to the community, to help keep it safe," Grey said.

Capt. Shawn McCarty, Grey's supervisor, said he nominated Grey for several reasons.

"Officer Grey consistently goes over and above what's required of him," he said.

"That desire to dig deeper has helped him earn the respect of his peers and made him a true team player."

McCarty said Grey puts in the extra time and effort to do his job well.

"His work ethic and inquisitive personality have helped him to turn a regular traffic stop into a drug arrest," he said.

Grey said he does have a strong work ethic, but balances it with fun, too.

"I spend a lot of my time, during the warmer months, up at the lake," he said.

"And my family is close, so I spend a lot of time with them."

Chief Deborah Harrell said she's proud of Grey.

"Officer Grey is an exceptional young man, which makes him a compassionate and respectful police officer. I could not be more proud of him," Harrell said. "The citizens of Milton are fortunate he has chosen to serve them, and I am honored to work with him. It is only because of the exceptional officers such as Keenan that I am successful."

Grey is humbled by the honor.

"I greatly appreciate the honor, and honestly didn't expect to get an award this early in my career," he said.

No comments: