Courtesy The City of Milton
The City of Milton Public Works Department and Milton Grows Green are offering residents a bulky trash amnesty day Saturday, Sept. 14, so gather your large items for disposal.
From 8 a.m. to noon, residents of Milton can bring items to the City of Roswell Public Works Division at 1810 Hembree Road in Roswell (click here for directions). Only City of Milton and Roswell residents will be served. Proof of residency will be required, and utility bills are preferred.
Also, bring your gently-worn shoes for a recycling and reuse program to help fund Milton’s Community Wildlife Habitat Project (click here for more information on the project).
Some of the items accepted are (reusable items will be donated to Atlanta Furniture Bank):
- tires - must be off the rim, automobile tires only; limit 4 per car
- deactivated cell phones
- computer equipment and electronics
- mattresses and box springs
- lawnmowers (with fluids drained)
- household hazardous waste
- any fluids including motor oil and anti-freeze
- household batteries
- construction and demolition materials
- yard waste
Materials will only be accepted at the site on the day of the event and only during the hours of 8 a.m. and noon. Please note that the gate will close at noon.
For more information, please contact Milton Sustainability Coordinator Cindy Eade at 678-242-2509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.