Norm Plotkin, a financial planner with Ashford Advisors, will share his expertise with parents and family members of those with special needs March 22 as part of the Milton Disability Awareness Committee (MDAC) Community Link series.
Plotkin's presentation, "Wills, Trusts and Legal Planning for Special Needs Families" will take place in City Council Chambers at Milton's City Hall, 13000 Deerfield Parkway, Suite 107E (click here for directions). Everyone is invited, and there is no RSVP required.
Among the topics covered during Plotkin's presentation will be:
* Government benefit eligibility for SSI and Medicaid.
* A review of guardianship, conservatorship, and client self-determination and advocacy issues.
* Determining which type of Special Needs Trust is suitable.
* Determining appropriate funding vehicles to guarantee quality of life, including life insurance.
* How to pass on all of your special knowledge about your child to his or her future caregivers.
* How to provide for your family's and special child's financial future.
For more information on this program, contact MDAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-242-2500.