SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Press Release From District 6 Candidate Alan Tart

For Immediate Release

October 5, 2007

Dear Citizens of Milton:

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

Despite the lies and mischaracterizations that are being used by my opponent and his group of supporters to attempt to derail my campaign, I continue to run a strong, positive campaign focused on the issues facing Milton. Nevertheless, I would like to set the record straight on a few issues:

1. My orientation has nothing to do with my ability to serve your interests on city council. I have been completely open and honest with the citizens of Milton from the very beginning.

2. It is inappropriate to bring partisan politics into this race. The city council member position for which I am running is nonpartisan with nonpartisan issues.

3. I have not been endorsed by the North Fulton Democratic Party or any other partisan political group. In fact, Federal law (i.e. Hatch Act) strictly prohibits me from soliciting the endorsement of a partisan group, advertising the endorsement of a political party, or using a political party's resources to further my campaign effort. Doing so would turn a nonpartisan election into a partisan one, and I am strictly prohibited from running for a partisan office.

Who Am I?

My name is Alan Tart, and I want to be your city council member because I care about Milton and its future. I have no connections, no hidden agendas, no political party backing, and no further political aspirations. I believe that the citizens of Milton should dictate the future of our city, not a small group of politicians backed by big developers. I will solve problems and not become part of the problem. My background, leadership experience, and personality make me the best candidate for city council.

· The work I do for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration protects the lives of each man, woman, and child in this country. I am part of a small team that writes laws, provides training, and develops policy and guidance documents designed to assist state, local, and tribal health departments and industry with preventing foodborne illness and death from restaurants and grocery stores. I will exhibit the same level of dedication and professionalism in my role on city council.

· I have extensive experience with developing and interpreting laws and policies designed to protect the health and welfare of citizens and analyzing the social, legal, and economic impact of those laws and policies on governmental stakeholders.

· I am an accomplished leader that has been elected by my peers to represent their interests on the national level.

· I have a proven track record of building consensus and bringing people together. At FDA, I work with many stakeholders including industry, Federal, state, and local government, consumer groups, and academia. These groups often have very different perspectives and agendas. My job is to work with these groups to arrive at mutually-agreeable, yet effective, outcomes that ultimately benefit all parties involved. I will work to build consensus on council and in the community as well.

· I am a current member of the Atlanta Federal Executive Board – Leadership in Government Program – a distinctive program that is designed to enhance the team building, leveraging, and interpersonal skills of government leaders.

· As President of the Avensong Community Association, I have worked very hard to protect property values and bring a sense of community and positive morale back into our neighborhood. I have led the effort to maximize fiscal efficiency, while enhancing the amenities and services provided by the Association. I chaired a neighborhood fundraiser that raised $3,000 for the City of Milton Police Department.

· I am experienced in emergency preparedness and response, recruitment and retention of the best and brightest employees, conflict resolution and prevention, and community engagement.

· I am an excellent communicator. I will listen to you and will represent your interests, not my own or those of big developers.

· I will ensure that Milton retains its small town feel and rural distinction by supporting smart growth and development in areas already designed for that purpose and by supporting design and architectural standards consistent with the citizens’ vision for Milton.

· I will not support the extension of sewer as this will lead to an increase in density and loss of rural character. I understand the positive and negative role of precedence in the application of laws and policies.

· I will be fiscally conservative and responsible with your tax dollars. I will eliminate wasteful spending, and I will not vote for frivolous services. I will not favor a tax hike.
Thank you for your continued support and vote on November 6. Please pass the word. I look forward to working with the mayor, other council members, and you as we build our future together. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly,

Alan M. Tart
Candidate for Milton City Council - District 6 (At Large)
"The Candidate For the People And Of The People"
Cell: 678-464-8550E-mail (please share your concerns):
alantart4milton@comcast.net
Website: WWW.ALANTART4MILTON.COM
REMINDER: Oct. 9 is the cut-off date for registering to vote in the November 6 election. Register here: http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/voter_registration/voter_reg_app.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alan. Your opponent really dosent have much to say other than trying to bash you. One thing going for you is that you are unknown as far as city council, and Rick is known, so you should win!