Dear Milton Neighbor,
It is hard to believe we are in March and Spring is upon us. The snow we enjoyed today, was a nice treat. But, I am ready for Spring and especially for Spring Baseball. Hopewell Baseball at Bell Memorial Park opens the 2009 Season this Saturday.
While you are reading, let me invite you to a few events:
1. The Milton Milers Walking Club - Kick-off walk March 15, 2009
2. City Council Worksession March 9, 2009, 6:00 pm, Milton City Hall.
3. The Highway 9 Design Review Committee Meeting March 19, 2009, 6:00 pm, Milton City Hall
You will be excited to know that the City of Milton Annual Report is finally available. You can read about some of the tremendous accomplishments and enjoy some nice photos and a 2009 calendar. I appreciate our city management, Mayor Lockwood and my fellow council members. Together we have made our citizens proud and I believe the city staff has captured the city well in the report.
Since the beginning of the year, we have launched several tremendous citizen communitees to serve Milton.
Newly active committees in Milton
1) Parks and Recreation Committee 2) Highway 9 Design Guidelines Committee
3) Historic Preservation Committee4) Transportation Committee.
5) Transportation Intersection Committee
I hope to see you out for the Milton Milers Walking Club Sunday, March 15 - 2:00 pm.