SUPPORT LIBERTY'S LAW!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Monthly Message from Mayor Lockwood


I really love this time of year. The leaves are changing, the weather is cooling and with each passing day the holidays get nearer and nearer. I look forward to fall more than any other season because of all it entails. I know I will soon see family and friends from near and far, enjoy the all great college and professional football, and have time to just be at home with my family. I'm grateful for these things to come, as I'm sure you are, and for so much more.
When I think of this time of year, with Thanksgiving right around the corner, two things come to mind: turkey and being grateful. That really got me thinking. What is gratitude all about and what does it mean to be grateful?
I did a Google search on gratitude and with the touch of a button Google supplied me with 21,200,000 results for "gratitude."
It is interesting that there could be so many different perceptions and countless definitions of gratitude. One article I came across explained gratitude as being at peace with oneself while another described it as a feeling of appreciation. One element that united all these interpretations was joy. Things that we're grateful for bring us joy; whether it's more rain or our kids doing their homework on their own.
I am very grateful for many things surrounding City Hall this autumn, all of which bring me joy. I'm eternally grateful for all our City Staff and their hard work and professionalism, for each and every Milton citizen for their support and encouragement, and for our City Council, who work untold hours to make the right decisions for our community.
So when you have a moment amid the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, stop and think about what you're grateful for and what brings you joy. I'll bet it just may be something that will surprise you.
- Mayor Joe Lockwood.

No comments: